Folk recipes for colds that can harm
Vodka with pepper
Almost every one of us was advised to drink some vodka with pepper if he was cold, wet his feet or you feel that you are about to get sick. Some people consider this method the most effective in the fight against colds.
Commentary on therapist Julia Aust:
– Such a “treatment” is absolutely pointless, since it will cause only intoxication, in no way affecting the disease. Vodka does not possess any disinfecting properties, and pepper is just a seasoning. It is also a mistake to believe that vodka with salt can help with intestinal infections. You can not only provoke chronic diseases, but also injure the mucous membranes.And then they will have to be treated twice as long.
Hot tea and milk with honey
We remember this method of treating colds since childhood.
– I do not see anything bad in this case, but one should not expect a special effect either. Improvement does not occur for long, and that is a subjective sensation.
Garlic juice instead of nasal drops
This method is more like torture than treatment. But it is common among traditional medicine lovers. It consists in the fact that for the treatment of the common cold you need to instill in the nose a solution of garlic juice with water.
– Even if you have viral rhinitis or the attachment of a bacterial infection, you should use this method with extreme caution and be sure to consult a doctor. If there are microtraumas and fissures on the mucosa, you have an individual intolerance to garlic or asthma, respiratory allergosis, vasomotor or allergic rhinitis, this method is categorically unacceptable.
Black pepper for sneezing
There is such a strange method. It is based on the fact that sneezing supposedly helps the body “drive out” the disease. To do this, you just need to sniff well ground pepper.
– Use this option also does not make sense. Such “therapy” can only complicate the situation, causing a lack of air due to excessive inhalation. And children breathing pepper is generally dangerous!
Hot garlic turunds
It turns out that there is an even stranger way to treat a runny nose, namely to insert garlic inflorescence into your nose and … set it on fire! We can only ask never to repeat such actions!
– This is generally a meaningless method, not to mention its danger. Never do this if you do not want to get burns.
There is a folk way to get rid of ARVI with chili peppers. His supporters are sure: the more pepper you eat, the faster the disease subsides.
– I can’t deny the benefits of this product, since capsaicin, a substance in its composition, has decongestant, expectorant and anticoagulant effects. Pepper is also an excellent antioxidant, contains vitamin C and beta-carotene. But it is strictly forbidden to use chili peppers for those who suffer from a stomach ulcer and duodenum. Well, it’s clear that Chili does not have any positive effect on the course of ARVI.
Popular folk “drug.” Mustard is added to the water and steamed feet, eat it in the hope of a quick recovery. But is it safe?
– If you eat a lot of mustard, shortness of breath, tachycardia, interruptions in the work of the heart, exacerbation of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract are possible. Essential oils that are in mustard can cause dermatitis.